Love, Thinking Of You

Sweet Succulents

E9BCC1D2-6C37-4E52-83BF-4FBB0ED6185DZig Markers and succulents… a match made in heaven. These cards made me realize my love for Zigs. A little coloring, a little water brush action, and you got yourself some beautiful plants. I used three stamp sets for these cards, all from My Favorite Things: Distressed Patterns, Sweet Succulents, and Lots Of Hugs.

Let me start by sharing the colors used on this card. There’s a lot as I wanted to see how well the colors worked together:

greens: 46 & 43; 45 & 41; 49 & 48; after each two-color combo was colored, 40 green was used for bottom shading.

Pots: turquoise 033 & 400 ; red 21 & 22; Orange 220 & 70.

Flowers: 21 Light Carmine

In my Misti, I lined up the stamps, using their dies as a guide. I stamped on Canson Watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx black ink. I took my time coloring. It was an easy process, but I’m still learning how the colors work together, how to use the brush tips, and how to blend with water. I added water with a round #2 Silver Black Velvet brush.

I cut two 4.25×5.5 panels out of Neenah Classic Crest 110 cardstock. I die cut the the succulents with the coordinating dies, then assembled the pots together. I adhered foam tape to the back for dimension. For the first card front, I centered MFT’s Rectangle Peek-a-Boo window die and the largest stitched rectangle die, and ran through my diecut machine. I stamped a sentiment under the window, put foam tape on the back of the panel, and adhered onto a cardbase. I then adhered a succulent inside the window.  I stamped another sentiment inside to finish it off. (this card was for my lovely husband). This card was inspired by a YouTube video I watched a few months back on Prairie Paper and Ink. (I love me some Amy Rysavy!)

The second card I stamped a sentiment from MFT’s Lots Of Hugs stamp set onto black cardstock, heat embossed with Avery Elle white embossing powder, and cut into a thin strip. I cut another strip of striped paper from MFT’s Black & White striped 6×6 paper pad. I used the same rectangle die from the first card to cut the strips to size, as well as the second card panel. I stamped a Distress mark with Versamark ink to put the succulents on. After adhering everything to the cardfront, I used double- side tape to attach to the cardbase.

These stamp sets go so well together. The whole process from start to finish took about 90 minutes. I love how fun these cards are.

Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to subscribe for future blogs! Bye for now.

Angelica ConradEE0B2901-C531-4002-A60F-D6C066F89D32095AC447-8542-4097-9C4F-EF50859CF206

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s