I was talking to a friend the other day, and she mentioned how much she loved The Greetery’s BotaniCuts Lily. I realized that I hadn’t used that die set in almost a year! It’s such a pretty set, and now that it was on my mind, I decided to pull it out and and start making flowers.
I die-cut many flowers, using Neenah 110 lb white card stock. I pulled out my finger daubers and Distress Oxide Inks, and started coloring the flowers. I had a podcast playing in the background, and before I knew it, I had 12 flowers done!
To cut some time on the smaller pieces, I pulled out a few Distress Oxide Sprays. The pistils were sprayed with Squeezed Lemonade, and the leaves with Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers. I colored the tops of the pistils with a brown multiliner pen.
To make them into cards, I positioned them around an inked card panel, without attaching them, and then picked sentiments from Opposites Attract stamp set. I stamped the script stamp onto the panel, and stamped the large sentiments onto a separate panel. I used the coordinating dies to die-cut the words. I then attached the flowers, and trimmed the edges. I used the edges that were cut on the second card, which means no pieces went to waste!
Next time you find some quiet time on your hands, do some die-cutting. I promise you, it’s relaxing, and you end up with beautiful new embellishments for your next cards!